Thursday, September 11, 2008

guess what?!



The book was 40% off in Borders. They always have discounts on best-sellers. The book was number one. Yeah! :) The best-seller books was on the second desk by the main door. I immediately saw the book once I got into the store and rushed through it. There was a pile of copies and I checked them all for scratches and fingerprints. Yeah, I'm a freak like that. Hih. I chose the last book in the pile because its the one less scratchy in the front and I didn't saw any marks of fingerprints. Yey. While I was still scanning the books, there was a lady who also grabbed a book. She's like in her early twenties. Wait, why am I talking about her? Anyway, after I grabbed the book I went to the Young Adult shelf to check the other Twilight books. It wasn't easy finding them.. mostly because I was looking at the wrong shelf. Hah. The Young Adult was suppose to be in the right side of the store but I guess they changed it. It was now in the middle back section near the manga section. I was having a dilemma whether to buy New Moon. It was 19.95 dollars and, for me, it was expensive. I want to buy the book so bad but I'm broke at the moment. I'll just have to wait and earn money! Even though I'm still reading New Moon, thanks to Valencia Library for having it, I went ahead and bought Breaking Dawn. Come on, its 40% off. It was originally 22.99 dollars and I only bought it for 13.79 dollars plus tax. Thanks to my Borders Rewards Card. :)

The whole reason why I, or should I saw we, were at Borders is because I bought my sister the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Roderick Rules. It was my present for her birthday, which is this coming Saturday. Her real birthday is on Monday, September 15, but we moved it to Saturday so we can have a party. :) She doesn't know that I bought the book. Its a surprise. Teehee.

[EDIT]
I just searched through Borders Online right now and I found out that there's going to be a box set of the Twilight Series. It will include all four books and a limited edition full-color poster. When I saw it I was willing to pre-order it it. It will come out on October 15, 2008, not very far from now, and its original cost is 83 dollars but it will be 40% off, which will go down to 49.80 dollars. I think that's a good bargain but I only have one problem with it. It says "Box Set, 2360 pages. Little, Brown Books for Young Readers." That last sentence got me. Is it going to be a little book for little children to read? Is it like a little paperback or something? I wasn't so sure of that. I want the hardcover copy of each book and if it is a hardcover copy, then I'll have to return my Breaking Dawn copy and buy the box set.

No comments: