Friday, October 10, 2008

GUARANTEED!

Guess what? I got in for ELC. Okay, I don't know what the hell that stands for but it's a UC (University of California) program. What it does is, when you get in, you get guaranteed admission to four of the UC schools. I think they are UC Irvine, UC Riverside, UC Merced, and one more UC. I forgot what it was. Sooooo... I got it! Yeah~~ I still need to take the SAT 2, though. If I don't take it then I won't be able to go even though I'm guaranteed. I just need to take the damn test and do my very best. I don't think it matters if I get a low or high score in it. Even though I'm positive that I'll have a low score.

I was ecstatic when I heard the news. I was afraid that I didn't get in. Most of the people that signed up for it (only those who are 4 percent of the class) got letters from UC, saying that they got in. And I talked to this one girl in my trig class that seats in the back of me, and she said she got the letter in September. So I was really feeling pessimistic about it. And then Ms. Nasouf went to our government class to talk about college, since all of our were seniors. And I asked her if when do we get the letters for ELC and she said we should have gotten them from a long time ago. At that moment, I was really pessimistic about it. So, I didn't get in. But Ms. Nasouf said that I need to talk to my counselor, just to make sure. They have the list of people who got in, so they can see if my name is in there or not.

After 5th period I went to the counseling office to see my counselor. She wasn't there, so I waited for a few minutes. She was about to go in when I'm about to go out. So I asked her if she can look at the list for ELC because I haven't got any letter. Maybe because part of it is I might have put my mailing address on the form to our old apartment. Because, you know, we moved to our new house. Ms. Nasouf also just came in when I was done explaining this to my counselor. She said that she will look at the list herself. I was a little bit nervous as she was looking at the list. What if I didn't get in? What would she say? That would be embarrassing, I thought to myself. And there it was, the words I was looking for. You got in. Congratulations.

So, yeah. End of story. Hahaa. I told her that I haven't taken the SAT 2 yet, and she told me that I need to take it in order to really get in. So, I'm taking the SAT 2 this December. That would give me a lot of time to study. I only need to take 2 subject test. So, I'm taking the Japanese language test and the Chemistry test. I need to study for Japanese because I forgot most of the vocabs.

I told my mom this news when she picked me up. Of course, she was ecstatic, too. So I told her to get me a gift (teehee) and we went to Borders. I bought Nights in Rodanthe. Yeah~~ It's not really a gift because I used my own money. She just drove me to the store. Some gift. But yeah, I'm happy I got the book. I wanted to watch the movie so badly, i think it's still in the theaters, but no one will drive me there. So maybe I'll just wait for it to come out in dvd and read the book first. Nicholas Sparks' new book is the number one best seller. I think the title is Lonely One or something. I don't know. But anyway, I want to buy it. Its a best seller so its 40 percent off if you have a membership card. But even with the 40 percent, I still could not afford it. Well, technically I could but I'm saving up my money, so I might buy it next time. The original price is 25 bucks. You can do the math to see how much is it if its 40 percent off.

That's all for today. Cheers~~

No comments: